To properly implement the project, and successfully ensure the investigation, review and optimization of the current EN testing standards for refractory products, it is necessary to proceed by steps, which are the basis of the work packages.
The project focuses on the five testing methods presented in the page Home/testing standards. For the fulfilment of the project the following steps are planned:
1) Firstly, the tools necessary to efficiently achieve the investigation of the actual EN testing standards will be set up. During the whole project, especially thought the collaborative tests, a huge amount of data will be generated. The management and the exploitation of such a database require specific and proper tools.
2) The second step will be an extensive investigation of each testing method. The factors which influence the measurement, the accuracy and repeatability of the testing method will be determined.
3) For each testing method and as from the influencing factors identified in the previous step a design of experiment will be performed (first collaborative work between the partners). The impact of the influencing factors on the results will be checked, and the reproducibility of each testing method quantified. The most suitable testing parameters will be set down as optimal conditions for the investigated materials testing methods.
4) The fourth step will be the realization of the interlaboratory testing (collaborative tests) involving all the RTD performers and the SMEs. Based on the results of theses collaborative tests, precision data will be gained and the optimization process supported.
5) The fifth and last step will be the drafting of the reviewed Standards and the dissemination of the project results.
The work plan is organized in seven work packages. The work packages 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 correspond to the different steps describe above. The first work package is dedicated to the management task.